Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Chess. The WebRing - Members sites make up a Variety of Chess-Websites for the Chess Enthusiasts.   Members sites include news, tourname

Forums     Login   Signup

Chess. The WebRing

Manager: webusiness
Members sites make up a Variety of Chess-Websites for the Chess Enthusiasts./p pMembers sites include news, tournament information, publications, club listings, online store, ratings, top players, club rules and in-depth strategy guides to become a better online chess player. Even if you've never played chess before!/p

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

The Story of Karjakin - 05/19/2013
http://gmsmirnov.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/karjakin-3.jpg

In this issue, I’d like to reveal  the REAL truth . Let’s use Sergey Karjakin as an example. I know him pretty well (initially we lived in neighbouring cities and often met at tournaments, etc.), so I can provide the true facts. Nowadays Karjakin is considered a “natural talent”, one who chess successes come easily to. Let me tell you how this story began, however. –> Karjakin’s parents hired all the good coaches they could find. –> He spent a lot of time on chess training, starting at a very young age. He’s the only person I know who studied the entire series of endgame encyclopaedias as a child! –> Sergey took part in all the top tournaments. His father always accompanied him (I even was thinking “When does this man find time for his own job?”). –> Karjakin didn’t really study in a school or university. He dedicated all his time to chess. –> He travelled around the world to train with good coaches. –> When he was school age, he moved to another town which offered better possibilities for chess development. –> Later he moved to another country to join the Russian team and meet even better coaches. –> Even his wife is a chess ‘player and I bet they met at a tournament  *********************** As you can see, his chess development required a lot of effort and sacrifice (from himself and from his parents as well). Remember this the next time you hear about “natural talent”  I know some of you will a...

The Story of Karjakin

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy